Welcome to Corey's Indie Bookstore Travelogue!

Corey's Indie Bookstore Travelogue chronicles my experiences visiting independent bookstores. I share my own personal stories and travel experiences associated with each bookstore, and in the process, give readers a sense of what each bookstore has to offer.

You can browse my recent entries below, by archive in chronological order, or if you are looking for a particular store, through my label section where you find stores organized by their city of location.

---Corey

Saturday, August 22, 2009

BookSmart


Just down the road from Magers and Quinn, and very close to the Uptown Theater in the Uptown district, Booksmart was a major destination for us when we lived in the Twin Cities. My wife and I would find ourselves in Booksmart on Weekend nights, Friday or Saturday night, usually when waiting for a movie to start at Uptown or the Lagoon Theater, after having eaten at the Indian restaurant off Calhoun Square.

Booksmart had a very big selection, like many indie bookstores in the Twin Cities, but its selection was better in academic titles than other stores except the Book House. It had a first floor and a basement. I remember always being drawn to the used liberal arts selections in the basement and buying at least one or books each time.

When visiting Minneapolis this past July, my friend and I didn't stop in. We were running short on time and so I only had time to snap a picture. It's a great store nonetheless and an especially great place to hang out on the weekends between food and a movie.

BookSmart
2914 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55408
(612) 823-5612

No comments:

Post a Comment