Welcome to Corey's Indie Bookstore Travelogue!

Corey's Indie Bookstore Travelogue chronicles my experiences visiting independent bookstores. I share my own personal stories and travel experiences associated with each bookstore, and in the process, give readers a sense of what each bookstore has to offer.

You can browse my recent entries below, by archive in chronological order, or if you are looking for a particular store, through my label section where you find stores organized by their city of location.

---Corey

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bobzbay

*** Picture Coming Soon! ***

When I first saw Bobzbay, I didn't realize that it was a bookstore! I knew from the store name that it focuses heavily on Internet sales and probably started as an Internet company before acquiring a store front. But I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Bobzbay, besides selling DVDs and music, is a bookseller. I first realized that fact when I saw the store owner at the library sale looking for books, where I also was searching for my new venture Mother Jones Books. But yesterday I visited the store and found it to be a very nice addition to the Bloomington-Normal downtown community.

Bobzbay already has a good collection of used literature, fiction and nonfiction, including some interesting local fare.  The store is very pleasant inside and the owner is very accommodating, taking requests from the community. I purchased a copy of Franz Fanon's The Wretched of the Earth for my own store and almost purchased Chomsky's Rogue States. I was told by the person I assume is Bob that the store is undergoing a major expansion, opening up a whole huge section to customers. I'll definitely be back to see the new look!

Bobzbay
419 N. Main Street
Bloomington, IL
309-740-2012 
www.bobzbay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment